- Prioritize the emotional and physical well-being of players over your personal desire to win.
- Treat each player as an individual and remember that children of the same age vary in emotional and physical development.
- Provide a safe playing environment for all players.
- Lead by example and demonstrate fair play and sportsmanship to all players.
- Remember that I am a youth sports coach and the game is for children and not adults.
- Ensure that all players have equal playing time.
- Not abuse other players, coaches, officials or parents.
- Encourage team members to treat all players, coaches, officials and parents with respect.
- Not engage in the use of profanity or other offensive language.
- Promote and foster a team atmosphere and not individual achievements.
- Be responsible for league policies.
Coaches for Varsity Flag are required to adhere to the principles of positive coaching. Coaches will be a model of good sportsmanship and positive behavior for all children in the community.
To ensure an appropriate atmosphere for all participants, Varsity Flag has adopted a zero-tolerance policy in the enforcement of the Coaches Code of Conduct.
Disciplinary action for violations may include
- Verbal warning
- Written warning
- Coach suspension for games(s)
- Coach suspension for the season
- Coach expulsion from the league