Varsity Flag Terms of Service
This Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”), effective as of May 18, 2022 states the terms and conditions that govern the contractual agreement between Varsity Flag LLC, (the “Company”) and you (the “User”) who agrees to be bound by this Agreement in regard to the User’s access to www.varsityflag.com (the “Site”), which is owned and operated by the Company.
- VARSITY FLAG LEAGUES. Through the Site, the Company offers its Users the ability to sign their children up for youth flag football leagues (the “Service”).
- ELIGIBILITY/GENERAL RESTRICTIONS. The User’s limited license to access and make personal use of the Site is contingent on the following:
- The User must be at least 18 years of age;
- The User must provide information (personal and otherwise) that is truthful to the best of the User’s knowledge and in the event any such information changes, the User shall notify the Company of any such change within a reasonable amount of time;
- The User shall not use any device, software or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. The User will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site’s infrastructure. The User agrees not to use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Site without the prior express consent from an authorized Company representative, unless such use is by a search engine employed to direct Internet users to the Site;
- The User shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visited, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose without express written consent of the Company;
- The User shall not use the Site for any unlawful or harmful purposes; and
- Any unauthorized use automatically terminates the permission or license granted by the Company.
- MODIFICATION. The Company has the right at any time or from time to time to modify or amend this Agreement. Should the Company choose to modify this Agreement the Site will display such changes, which will be the User’s only notification of any such change. Any use of the Site or the Service by the User after such notification shall constitute the User’s acceptance of the modified or amended terms. No modification to this Agreement made by the User shall be binding upon the Company.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. The Site holds certain content (the “Content”), which is the property of the Company or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. The Site may contain or reference trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights belonging to Company and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Company and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon the User and the user may not utilize such Content by any manner aside from viewing such Content according to the license granted herein. Prohibited uses of such content without the written consent of the Company include (but are not limited to):
- Removing, altering, bypassing, avoiding, interfering with, or circumventing any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content including geo-filtering mechanisms;
- Copying, downloading, stream capturing, reproducing, duplicating, archiving, distributing, uploading, publishing, modifying, translating, broadcasting, performing, displaying, selling, transmitting or retransmitting the Content; and
- Creating, recreating, distributing or advertising an index of any significant portion of the Content.
- BILLING; REFUNDS. By signing up for any of the Company’s football leagues, the User is expressly agreeing to the billing policies and amounts described at the point of purchase. The Company is not obligated under any circumstance to, but may in its sole discretion offer refunds of amounts paid.
- LIMITED LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FOR ANY MATTER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY THE COMPANY, ANY USER POST MADE ON THE SITE; OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) ANY PARTY’S USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (B) ANY CHANGES TO OR INACCESSIBILITY OF THE SITE; (C) ANY DELAY, FAILURE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF ANY DATA OR ANY TRANSMISSION OF DATA; (D) ANY CONTENT OR DATA TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED (OR NOT TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED) BY/FROM ANY PARTY; AND/OR (E) ANY CONTENT OR DATA FROM A THIRD PERSON ACCESSED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE SERVICE; WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THUS THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO USER.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. USE OF THIS SITE AND ANY SERVICE OFFERED BY THE COMPANY IS AT THE USER’S SOLE RISK. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THAT THE SITE, OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET THE USER’S REQUIREMENTS; (C) THAT THE SITE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ACCESSIBLE OR ERROR-FREE; AND/OR (D) THAT ANY INFORMATION, DATA OR CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SITE, OR THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, TIMELY OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER FORMS OF DESTRUCTIVE CODE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY THE USER FROM THE COMPANY, WHETHER IN ORAL, WRITTEN OR ELECTRONIC FORM, RELATING TO THE USER’S USE OF THIS SITE, THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- INDEMNIFICATION. The User agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Company, along with its directors, employees, owners, and agents from and against any action, cause, claim, damage, debt, demand or liability, including reasonable costs and attorney's fees, asserted by any person or entity, arising out of or relating to: (i) this Agreement and/or any breach or threatened breach by the User; (ii) the User’s use of the Site, the Content, or any Service offered by the Company; (iii) any unacceptable, unlawful, or objectionable use of the Site or any Service offered to the User by the Company; or (iv) any negligent or willful misconduct by the User; or (v) violation of any third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights) through the User’s use of the Site, the Content, or the Service.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS. There are links on the Site that lead to third party websites, including those of advertisers. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THOSE SITES OR THE COOKIES THOSE WEBSITES USE. IN ADDITION, BECAUSE THE COMPANY HAS NO CONTROL OVER SUCH WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, THE USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AVAILABILITY OF SUCH EXTERNAL WEBSITES OR RESOURCES, AND DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE FROM SUCH WEBSITES OR RESOURCES.
- COMMUNICATIONS. The Company shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute any and all communication conducted with Company through the Site including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like (the “Communications”). The User shall have no right of confidentiality in the Communications and the Company shall have no obligation to protect the Communications from disclosure. The Company shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content or techniques contained in the Communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
- ERRORS AND OMISSIONS. The Site may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, including but not limited to inaccuracies relating to pricing or availability applicable to certain services offered by the Company. The Company shall not assume responsibility or liability for any such inaccuracies, errors or omissions, and shall have no obligation to honor any order affected by such inaccuracies. The Company reserves the right to make changes, corrections, cancellations and/or improvements to any information contained on the Site, and to the programs described in such information, at any time without notice, including after confirmation of a transaction.
- SERVICES OFFERED. The Site may contain information about services offered by the Company, not all of which are available in every location. Any reference to a Company service on the Site does not imply that such service is or will be available in the User’s location. Furthermore, the Company may alter what Content is available to Users at any time in its sole discretion, including (but not limited to) removing certain Content from access at any time.
- FORCE MAJEURE. In the event that the Company is unable to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement or to enjoy any of its benefits because of natural disaster, terrorism, fire, explosion, power blackout, earthquake, flood, the elements, strike, embargo, labor disputes, acts of civil or military authority, war, acts of God, acts or omissions of carriers or suppliers, acts of regulatory or governmental agencies, actions or decrees of governmental bodies or communication line failure not the fault of the Company or other causes beyond the Company’s reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Event”) the Company shall immediately give notice to the User and shall do everything possible to resume performance. Upon receipt of such notice, all obligations under this Agreement shall be immediately suspended.
- VENUE; ARBITRATION. This Agreement and the interpretation of the terms herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws. The User irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Nassau County, New York. Except for a misuse or infringement of the Company’s intellectual property, any and all disputes, controversies and claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or concerning the respective rights or obligations of the Parties hereto shall be settled and determined by arbitration before a panel of one (1) arbitrator pursuant to the Commercial Rules then in effect of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction or application may be made to such court for a judicial acceptance of the award and an order of enforcement. The Parties agree that the arbitrators shall have the power to award damages, injunctive relief and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses to any party in such arbitration.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provisions of this Agreement, and this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision had not been contained herein.